Welcome to the site of the Maine Science OER Project!
Included on this site are:
- Please join our community by aligning and adding your own Open Educational Resources (OERs) to the collection.
- A list of Science Repositories (web-based collections) of resources that are most likely to lead you to quality materials for your classroom (See sidebar section called "Repositories and Science Sites").
- Alignment process that you can use to determine the degree to which any new online science resources that you find are aligned with the MLRs. (See sidebar section called "Tools").
- BACKGROUND RESOURCES
- Readings about OERs (Open Educational Resources)
- Continuum called "SAMR" describing OERs
- National science documents (descriptions and links)
The Open Educational Resources (OER) grants in Science, English Language Arts and Social Studies are administered by
the Maine Content Literacy Network and are funded by the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009 (Recovery Act).
- MAINE SCIENCE LEARNING RESULTS
- Sidebar links below each Science Standard are the numbered Performance Indicators.
- The page that you reach if you click on a link has the Descriptors (bullets).
- Each descriptor listing includes the CTS study guide page (Science Curriculum Topic Study)
for that descriptor. The CTS study guide will provide you with the
appropriate readings in national standards documents to clarify the "pedagogical content knowledge" behind that descriptor.