1. demonstrate understanding of descriptive and factual material in familiar topics.
2. engage in casual and extended conversations about a variety of topics with increasing fluency and control of complex grammatical structures.
3. interpret the meaning of root words and an increasing number of idioms and phrasal verbs in context.
4. demonstrate comprehension of authentic materials on abstract topics as well as descriptions and narrations of factual material.
5. write a composition on familiar material with good control of grammar.