"I have a sheet2 with a lot of setups and proprietary information I do not want my users to access. I'd like to be able to access it without having to keep hiding and unhiding it. Can the sheet be password protected from VIEWING?"
- Sheet tab remains visible
- Users cannot see any information on sheet even when they click the sheet tab until password is given
- Prompt for password should be automatic
- Correct password, sheet becomes visible and editable
- Incorrect password, switch back to Sheet1
- This is a sheet-event macro, it triggers when sheet tab is selected
- Right-click on the sheet2 tab and select VIEW CODE
- Paste in the macro code given below
- Edit the password at the top to the one you want to require
- Edit the Sheet1 reference to the sheet you want to switch to when the wrong password is given
- Close the VB editor
- Save as a macro-enabled workbook
Nothing says "thanks" like a steak dinner!