PART 1 - Show Data From Master on Individual Sheets (non-macro)
This first workbook demonstrates a non-vba way to show data from a main "database" sheet on sub-sheets based on a key piece of information on each row of data in the database. This example shows "accounts" on sheets named after the "managers" assigned to each account.
PART 2 - Parse New Data To New Sheets (macro)
have a master sheet with all data on it. I need to parse this data out
to individual sheet based on the values in a single column. The
individual sheets may or may not exist already. If they exist, the data
from the master should replace what is on the sub sheet. The sub sheet
should be created when needed."
- Titles are in row 1 and will be duplicated on all sheets
- Column to evaluate from should be easily adjustable, sometimes we parse by column A, other times by column B, etc.
- Values to parse by may be numerical which is problematic in sheetname creation/referencing at times, solve for that
- Sheets should be created as needed
- Data is optionally appended on any already existing sheets, or data is cleared each time macro runs
This macro will accomplish this. Only the first 3 lines need editing for the vCol, ws name and vTitles range.
Nothing says "thanks" like a steak dinner!