SUMMARY: The Event Services Student Assistant assists the Program
Coordinator for the Event Services with clerical support as well as
meeting and greeting clients during evenings and weekend, and performing
room check after events have completed. Evening and weekend
responsibilities occur as events are scheduled. Living in University
Housing is preferred for the convenience of the evening and weekends
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITES including the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Answer telephone and record messages when necessary.
• Prepare License Agreements, Invoices, deposits and receipts
• Reserve room reservations utilizing CORE.
• Keep accurate time records of hours worked and submit as instructed.
• Attends occasional Support Services staff meetings when called.
More details in CareerQuest
Under direct supervision, ensures the potential for user productivity by
maintaining and improving company’s network of computer systems.
1. Install/configure/repair software on company PC’s.
2. Install/configure/repair/replace PCs and PC hardware as needed.
3. Install/configure/replace company printers
4. Assist in the setting up of various types of connectivity to networked resources and Internet connections.
5. Assist in the support of any and all company networks that exist as well as any future setups.
6. Answer helpdesk phone calls. Respond to incoming inquiries at the helpdesk and direct
problems and inquiries to appropriate departments if necessary. Provide response to helpdesk service requests.
7. Maintain and manage PC hardware and software inventory.
8. Acquire and dispose of IT assets.
9. Configure and troubleshoot user accounts.
10. Handle Audio/Visual needs in the main office.
11. Other duties as assigned.
More details on CareerQuest: https://ltu-csm.symplicity.com/students/
Intern in Michigan offers job and internship opportunities directed specifically at Michigan college students of all ages. In a really cool feature, if you create a profile for yourself there, both you and your academic adviser will be able to search job opportunities that fit with your interests.
If you're searching for an internship/job, you are selling yourself way short if you don't have (free!) profiles set up at CareerQuest
Blue Devil Motorsports -- the collective group housing our competition teams in Formula, Hybrid and Aero vehicle design and performance -- needs business and IT interns this academic year. Positions include
An excellent way to show school spirit and get real leadership experience in a business-like environment!
Contact Dr. Evans at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
is seeking a Sponsorship Coordinator for the 2011-12 school year. The
Coordinator earns $100/semester in addition to a $50 bonus for every
$1,000 in funding he/she secures. A great resume-building (and
leadership portfolio!) opportunity! Contact SPAM if you are interested.
Social Media Specialist Job
Yoh, a leading provider of talent and outsourcing services, has an immediate, full-time, opportunity for a Social Media Specialist to join our Yoh RPO team at our client’s site in Van Buren Township, MI.
More info and apply
GENERAL DUTIES :
We are searching for a Social Media Specialist responsible for the
day-to-day management of our customer’s (Fortune 5 company) social media
effort. The ideal candidates will handle a wide range of Social Media
Activities for our recruiting efforts including but not limited to
Facebook, YouTube, LinkedIn, Tumblr.
- Responsible for all social marketing includes (but not limited to) Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Flikr, Tumblr
- Build up the lists of fans, followers and subscribers and
encourage interaction and brand loyalty and to communicate measurable
- Create content/editorial calendar for social efforts.
- Develop blog posts, articles (or relevant media) and standard social responses
- Monitor issues and trends and recommend appropriate actions. Stay
constantly aware of trends in the marketplace and keeping abreast of
issues affecting this Fortune 5 Company, its competitors and industry
trends. Identify, analyze issues, patterns and trends in customer
requests about products/services
- Monitor campaign effectiveness through analysis and make
recommendations for future campaigns to optimize resources, manage
budgets and drive results for the company
- Report regularly to management on social media metrics; and
knowledge gained of which platforms are most efficient and successful
for accomplishing social media goals
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES:
- Experience with a large corporate social media space, including
populating Facebook and Twitter feeds, influencer marketing, and
creating assets for distribution on social media platforms
- Ability to produce effective content for online and social media
channels, communicating in a consumer-friendly voice, tone and style.
- Ability to effectively communicate information and ideas in
written and verbal format, and build as well as maintain relationships
- Experience measuring and reporting success on variety of social media platforms
- Have a good knowledge of SEO principles
- Detail-oriented, accurate, professional and accountable
-Must actively participate in social media (i.e. shares ideas,
comments on forums and manages social profiles on multiple platforms)
MINIMUM EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum of 1 year experience specifically managing Social Media for a large company/client
Discover all that's possible with Yoh. Apply now.
More info and apply
Ambassador Magazine is inviting applications for Fall internships!
Interns must have experience or have taken college courses in the
area they are interested in, be able to switch gears on a moment’s
notice, handle multiple projects, be willing to assist when needed in
other departments at the magazine, and be courteous, respectful and
helpful to all members of the team.
Areas of responsibility for interns include: (but are not limited too)
Assisting on photo shoots, designing pages for the magazine, writing
blogs for the magazine’s website, writing stories for the magazine,
following Ambassador’s social media schedule, assisting at official
Ambassador events….and more!
If you think you are the candidate to work in a fast-paced, high
pressure environment then send a cover letter, resume and examples of
your work to email@example.com with INTERNSHIP- MARKETING/SOCIAL
MEDIA or INTERNSHIP- GRAPHIC DESIGN in the subject line.
Contact Dr. Evans (kevans @ ltu . edu) if interested!
Stage 2 Innovations
• Communicate and interact with leadership team.
• Select and organize market data for potential investment opportunities in
• Provide data reports on technologies for leadership team review.
• Search Internet, publications, web sites, and university innovation centers for
• Research multiple areas for potential leads on technology development.
• Ability to prepare written reports for leadership team review on important
• Ability to organize large amounts of information and put in concise format
• Ability to work with the leadership team and communicate
recommendations to the team.
• Degree focus should be marketing, business development, economics, and
• Excellent communication skills.
• Basic computer skills
• Candidates should have initiative, be motivated, adaptable to change, and be
able to manage diverse tasks.
• Candidates should work well with others.
The City of Birmingham, Michigan, an equal opportunity employer, is seeking qualified candidates for an Information Technology (IT) Internship position.
Under the general supervision of the Information Technology Department, the IT Intern will assist in a variety of IT tasks, projects and operational procedures, serving a variety of City departments and users. The IT Intern will perform website and intranet maintenance; stage PCs; install programs and complete software updates; and provide technical support to a variety of users in all City Departments.
This internship is designed to prepare the intern for entry into the Information Technology profession with a diverse work experience in a professional environment and to add value to the operations of the City of Birmingham by applying knowledge gained by the student through relevant coursework.
- Junior, Senior, or Graduate level students in Information Technology, or other related fields, are encouraged to apply.
- Ability to work independently under general policy direction and exercise independent judgment when appropriate.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Well developed IT skills, including general knowledge/experience working with networks, e-mail systems, web site maintenance and content management programs, PC user support, and PC and software troubleshooting.
- Experience with Geographic Information Systems (GIS) is preferred.
This internship offers a flexible schedule of up to 20 hours per week, starting at $12.00 per hour. The duration of this internship is through September 30, 2011, but may be extended based upon departmental needs.TO APPLY
: SUBMIT COVER LETTER
, COMPLETED CITY OF BIRMINGHAM EMPLOYMENT
, AND AT LEAST TWO (2) PROFESSIONAL/ACADEMIC REFERENCES
.APPLICATION MATERIALS WILL BE ACCEPTED UNTIL 4 PM ON WEDNESDAY, MAY 18, 2011
City of Birmingham Employment Applications are available online at www.bhamgov.org/jobs
or in the City of Birmingham Human Resources Department, located at 151 Martin, Birmingham, MI 48009. The Human Resources Department is open Monday - Friday from 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
About the City of Birmingham:
The City of Birmingham, MI has a population of approximately 20,000 residents. Named one of the county’s “Top 20 Walkable
Communities,” Birmingham covers 4.73 miles located 20 miles north of Detroit in Oakland County, Michigan. Throughout its history, Birmingham has enjoyed a high level of citizen involvement, which has contributed to the high quality of life in the community. It is a relatively affluent community with at small-town atmosphere and a vital downtown business and shopping district. With diverse cultural and recreational amenities, this indeed is a place to “live, shop, and play.”