LSR7 District Mission Statement: We prepare each student for success in life.
LSR7 uses the International Society for Technology in Education (ISTE) Standards for recognizing the skills and knowledge students need to learn in an increasingly digital world. The focus of the LSR7 Instructional Technology website is to help teachers integrate these skills into curriculum while facilitating 21st Century learners. The ISTE Standards for Students include:
- Creativity and Innovation Students demonstrate creative thinking, construct knowledge, and develop innovative products and processes using technology.
- Communication and Collaboration Students use digital media and environments to communicate and work collaboratively, including at a distance, to support individual learning and contribute to the learning of others.
- Research and Information Fluency Students apply digital tools to gather, evaluate, and use information.
- Critical Thinking, Problem Solving, and Decision Making Students use critical thinking skills to plan and conduct research, manage projects, solve problems, and make informed decisions using appropriate digital tools and resources.
- Digital Citizenship Students understand human, cultural, and societal issues related to technology and practice legal and ethical behavior.
- Technology Operations and Concepts Students demonstrate a sound understanding of technology concepts, systems, and operations.
More information about ISTE:
ISTE Standards: http://www.iste.org/STANDARDS
ISTE Standards for Students: http://www.iste.org/docs/pdfs/20-14_ISTE_Standards-S_PDF.pdf
ISTE Standards for Teachers: http://www.iste.org/docs/pdfs/20-14_ISTE_Standards-T_PDF.pdf
ISTE Standards for Administrators: http://www.iste.org/docs/pdfs/20-14_ISTE_Standards-A_PDF.pdf