MILTON ELEMENTARY MIDDLE SCHOOL
WE ARE MILTON! MOTIVATED INDIVIDUALS LEARNING AND LEADING TOGETHER TO OBTAIN NEW KNOWLEDGE!
TELEPHONE # (337) 521-7740 FAX # (337) 521-7741 ADDRESS: 222 WEST MILTON AVENUE MILTON, LA 70558
WELCOME TO OUR WEBSITE!
WE ARE SO GLAD YOU ARE HERE! MILTON IS A ONE-OF-A-KIND SCHOOL, AS WE ARE THE ONLY K-8 SCHOOL IN OUR DISTRICT. WE STRIVE FOR EXCELLENCE BY INSPIRING OUR STUDENTS, EMPOWERING THEM, AND CARING FOR THEM. PLEASE CHECK BACK OFTEN AS WE ARE ALWAYS ADDING NEW THINGS!
FOR THE NEXT FEW MONTHS, OUR SITE WILL BE UNDER CONSTRUCTION (MAY-JUNE 2019), BUT BY THE TIME SCHOOL STARTS UP, WE PLAN TO BE COMPLETELY UP AND RUNNING AGAIN!
NEW STUDENT REGISTRATION
WE WILL BE REGISTERING NEW STUDENTS AND ACCEPTING VERIFICATION OF ADDRESS AT OUR SCHOOL LOCATION DURING AR NIGHTS:
- JULY 17TH - 4-6 PM
- JULY 24TH - 4-6 PM
- JULY 31ST - 4-6 PM
- AUGUST 7TH - 4-6 PM
- JULY 25 - AUGUST 10TH (8AM - 2 PM)
THIS WILL HELP WITH THE FLOW OF ORIENTATION AND MEET AND GREET. CLICK HERE TO LEARN MORE!
SCHOOL SUPPLY LIST (ONLINE ORDER FORM AND PDFs OF LIST)
T-SHIRT ORDER STORE
CLICK ON THE PICTURE BELOW TO BE DIRECTED TO OUR ONLINE STORE
LOCKDOWN SCHOOL PROCEDURE:
1. Administration will communicate as soon as they receive directives from law enforcement/district. Our goal is to keep everyone as safe as possible, including parents. This also usually prevents administration from releasing details of the case that is causing the lockdown.
2. A remind will usually be sent after the lockdown ends or it becomes a soft lockdown because of safety reasons for all involved. This will also limit the number of text messages and noise within the school.
3. During a lockdown, no one is allowed to come on campus. This means that parents will not be able to check out their child(ren) or come to school until the lockdown is lifted.
4. In all things regarding school, the quickest means of communication is through Mrs. Broussard's Remind. Please make sure you have signed up by texting 81010 and the message @miltonpare
CAR RIDER LINE INFORMATION
Car Rider Reminders
- Our arrival bell rings at 7:25 (Teachers are NOT required to be on duty until then).
- NO students should be dropped off in front of the new entrance or bus lanes. Must use car rider line.
- We begin unloading cars at 7:00 as a courtesy (due to the long line).
- We have 2 volunteers helping with the 7:00AM car rider duty.
- There are 4 assigned teachers at 7:25 for car rider duty and 1 administrator.
- We unload 10 cars at a time then move the line once all cars have been unloaded. This looks a little different from 7:00 - 7:25, but starting at 7:25, no cars are to move until all cars are unloaded.
- We are trying our best to move quickly and get students to class on time
- At 7:50, we have a teacher at the end of the driveway that will tell you to drive around, as you are late for car rider line. From the end of the driveway to the drop off section takes about 5 minutes to get cars all the way through - so if you are trying to get into the line at 7:50 - your child WILL BE LATE for instruction. You will be required to drive around to the front office, and your child will be marked tardy, as instruction BEGINS at 7:55.
- Afternoon Car rider - Please have your YELLOW name tag VISIBLE when picking up your child. If you do not have your YELLOW tag, you will have to go to the front office and show your ID to pick up your child. We need for you to use these tags for the safety of all children.
- IF you do not have a YELLOW car rider tag (this includes bus riders - for days the bus is not running) Email firstname.lastname@example.org with your last name, the name(s) of your child(ren), and your street address.
We appreciate everyone working together to make this a smooth process for all.
DAYCARES THAT PICK UP AT MILTON (AFTERNOON)
Years to Grow
(morning and afternoon bus transportation, as well as holidays, in-service days, and summer camp)
Sugar N Spice Daycare
YMCA aftercare is offered 3:10-6:00pm @Milton in Cafeteria
to register email:email@example.com