Chromebooks are perfect for education! They start up in seconds and run the Chrome browser. All files and apps are stored in the cloud, so they are available anywhere you have an Internet connection. Many of the Chrome apps work without a network connection as well. Teachers have many tools at their fingertips to create lessons and assignments that keep students fully engaged at all times.
Why we chose Chromebooks for our 1:1 initiative:
- LACS uses Google Apps for Education. The integration of Chromebooks and Google Apps makes for seamless access to student resources.
- Chromebooks provide teaching and learning beneﬁts of computers without the typical distractions that come with technology in the classroom. Each Chromebook is managed and monitored by the district.
- They boot in seconds and resume instantly—eliminating wasted class time found with a traditional computer startup.
- Long battery life (8-9 hours) means Chromebooks last an entire school day.
- It’s easy to connect a Chromebook anytime and anywhere with built-in Wi-Fi. Applications, school work and settings are stored in the cloud and are available anywhere the student has Internet access.
- There is no special training required: If you know how to use the Web, you know how to use a Chromebook.
- Chromebooks can seamlessly access the Google Apps suite, as well as hundreds of other apps available in the Chrome Web Store.
- They create a “level playing field.” All kids have the same device, eliminating the “haves and have nots.”
- They are low cost, instructional device that fit student and staff educational needs.