Hi, I'm Mary Anderson. I invented the windshield wiper in November 1903
- I was born in 1866 in Greene County, Alabama.
- I died in 1953 in Monteagle, Tennessee, at 87 years old.
- I went to school in Auburn University in Alabama.
- I had a widowed mother and one sister.
- I got the idea to make the windshield wiper when my trolley car driver had to stick his arm out of the car every 5 minutes to wipe snow off the window. I decided there had to be a better way. I created the windshield wiper when the first Ford Model A was produced, William Randal Cremer won the nobel peace price and, the classic book, Call of the Wild was published by famous author Jack London.