Welcome to Longfellow Elementary School PTA's website!
The overall purpose of PTA is to make every child’s potential a reality
by engaging and empowering families and communities to advocate for all
We accomplish our mission by:
Goals for the 2016-17 School Year
- Supporting and speaking on behalf of
children and youth in the schools, in the community, and before
government bodies and other organizations that make decisions affecting
- Assisting parents in developing the skills they need
to raise and protect their children; and
- Encouraging parents and public
involvement in the public schools of this nation.
- Ensure everything we do aligns with the PTA mission, stay accountable and transparent to our members, and PTA regulations
- Increase advocacy/involvement at the local and state level, and in
- Increase membership; increase involvement of the diverse population
at Longfellow, get 95-100% of teachers to join, and increase
membership by 5-10% overall.
- Fundraise only to support this year's budget and prepare for Q1 of next year.
- Increase family involvement, to at minimum include one parent seminar
- Continue to show staff appreciation and encourage positive