Announcements & other news from the library...
- A frequent question: How do I print Google Docs with comments? Open the google doc. From the Google Docs menu bar: select "File"... "Download as"... select "Web Page (zipped, HTML)" format. Find and open the downloaded .zip file, then open the resulting .html file. You'll see the comments are listed in linked footnote format. You can then print this document if desired.
- ALA Youth Media Awards Announced this week! See more...
- Tip of the day - Turn off pop-up blockers!
Having trouble getting your Noodletools source lists to print? Clicking the printer icon in SchoolTool and still not seeing your report card? Most likely, the pop-up blocker is still turned on in your internet browser (Safari, Firefox, Chrome, etc.). Look in the URL bar. If you see the icon with the red X on the right end of the bar, click it and say "Always allow for this site". Here are some directions to permanently turn off pop-up blockers in a variety of browsers from our friends in the Geek Squad at Best Buy.
- Seminar for Grade 11 students during English classes! January 4th - January 9th. Students will visit the library to explore Naviance with the counselors and learn how to create a positive digital footprint with the librarians.
- Recommend a good book... add it to our Book Wall!
- MLA style has been updated! Check out the MLA Style Center for more information. Make sure you take a look at the Works Cited: Quick Guide.
- New! Log into NoodleTools with your school Google Apps account on the right side of the screen. You can even sync your old projects, just enter your username and password when prompted. Check your profile once you are signed in. Make sure the school name and graduation year are correct. You won't be able to share correctly if the wrong school is selected. Don't forget to turn off the pop-up blocker in your internet browser.
- Find an article abstract, need the full-text? Fill out our convenient, online InterLibrary Loan form to request the article. The library will attempt to obtain the article for you. If we find it in digital format, we will email it to you. If in print, we will notify you to come pick it up when we receive it.
- If you have difficulty getting to the Library Databases page, click this link to access a google doc with links to all the library databases and the passwords. Remember, you must be signed into your school google account. (TIP: Print this document as a backup.) Another backup you can use is our Symbaloo page, but you'll need the passwords from this google doc.
What's new? - Follow us on Twitter @ LHSLibrary1
Reminder: Our twitter feed is not visible while you are in school.
Our Twitter Feed is not visible while you are in school. Follow us on Twitter @LHSLibrary1