If you have lost your pet...
- Due to the risk of misidentification over the phone, and because of the number of animals that come in to Little Rock Animal Village everyday, we recommend that you make a weekly personal visit to LRAV to look for your lost pet. You may come view lost/found pets Tuesday-Saturday, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Scan our Adoptable Animals, but please note that we DO NOT post all the animals that we receive. It is important to come to the shelter in person.
- Search your property thoroughly. Animals can hide or get trapped in very small places.
- Make a flyer with a picture of the lost pet and post it around your neighborhood and at local grocery stores, gas stations, and vet offices. Also give one to your mail carrier.
- Post the lost pet on the Arkansas Lost and Found Pet Network Facebook page, CARE's Lost & Found page, and the place a free ad in the Arkansas Democrat-Gazette.
- If your pet is microchipped, contact the microchip company to be sure the chip is activated and the information is current.
- Check the "Found" ads in the newspaper every day.
- DON'T GIVE UP! It is not unusual for a kind stranger to keep a lost pet for a few weeks while looking for the owner and then bring the animal to us.