Info: Potter hall was originally home to former McMinnville mayor, George W. Evens. It was purchased by the college in 1918 and was used as the President's House until 1939. It was named after "Mother" Potter, Carrie Casler Potter, who served as the Dean of Conservatory of Music from 1904-1921.
What was it after: After the President's House was moved, Potter became a residence hall. In 1961 it was enlarged so that it could house the Home Economic Department which later became known as the Department of Consumer and Family Studies.
What is it now: After the Department of Consumer and Family Studies was closed down in 1990, the Education Department took its place. Potter Hall currently serves as the home for Education Department, classrooms, pre-kindergarten school, and a wellness residence hall.