Canvas Login: https://canvas.instructure.com/
English 1 >
1. Check Survival Pack pages from last week.
2. Read Chapter 11.
3. Complete and submit all Survival Pack pages from last week. I'll be checking pages 19, 22, 24, 27, 28, and 31(chapter 10 entry only).
1. Read Chapter 12
2. Open Part 2 discussion questions below. Answer numbers 1-7.
HW: Read Chapter 13
1. Submit 3 charts from Goodreader.
2. Review for HG Part 1 test tomorrow.
Test: Hunger Games part 1
*Starting part 2 of The Hunger Games.
1. In your HG Survival Pack, do pages 19, 22, and 24. You have 30 minutes to work on these.
2. Go to page 27 in your Survival Pack. The sub will give you all the definitions for part 2.
1. You have 15 minutes to add the vocab definitions to your ibook.
2. Read Chapter 10 as a class.
1. After reading chapter 10, add any characters discussed to the Part 2 character chart on p. 28 of your Survival Pack.
2. P. 31 in Survival Pack has Facebook Status Updates. Choose either Katniss or Peeta and write a status update for Chapter 10.
3. Start reading chapter 11.
**I will check all of this on Monday.
1. Review Chapters 1-6
2. Read Chapter 7
3. Complete the Chapter 7 activity on page 21 of your survival packet. It compares the skills Katniss and Peeta show in training.
1. Review skills chart from yesterday.
2. Read Chapter 8.
1. Open the PDF below (in Goodreader) with review questions for Part 1 of The Hunger Games. Answer any questions that refer to chapters 1-8. (We will be reading chapter 9 tomorrow)
1. Find the chart on symbols in your HGSurvivalPack. Fill in the information from bread down to the woods. I will check this tomorrow when we discuss it.
2. Read Chapter 5
3. You will have a quick quiz tomorrow to check that you read.
Monday: Get The Hunger Games on your iPad (we'll do this together).
Hunger Games Introduction to the author and novel: Open the PDF below in Goodreader. This PDF will take us through the whole novel.
1. Open the "Glory and Hope" PDF in Goodreader.
2. In your groups, read the paragraphs you are responsible for and highlight the similarities and differences you find to the "I Have a Dream" speech. Highlight similarities in green and differences in red.
3. The sections are as follows:
4. When you finish, you will share with the class so they can highlight the similarities and differences on their document.
Holiday: Martin Luther King, Jr.
1. Go to Easybib.com in Safari and login with Google
2. Create a new project for your Commodities project in Ms. Bigelow's class.
3. Add the sources you used for your project, create as a Google Doc, and add to the last slide in your presentation.
4. Finish Invictus.
1. Complete the discussion in Canvas "Invictus Reflection."
2. Complete your news blog post for this week.
1-10 of 62