The Lexington School District Two Student Employability Training Program (SET) is one of three courses of study offered by Lexington School District Two. This program is a modified occupational course of study that focuses on functional academics (English/Language Arts & Mathematics), Career Preparation, and Employment Training. The SET Program is a four year program that documents functional competencies through an occupational based curriculum. We focus on preparing students for gainful employment and independent daily living. The SET program provides students with an alternative to the South Carolina High School Diploma. We focus specifically on each student’s individual transition needs which is more meaningful to the student and family, as well as employers in the community.
The Student Employability Program:
· Provides students with curriculum that focus on functional academic coursework which includes courses in functional English/Language Arts and Functional Mathematics
· Is a transition-focused curriculum that includes extensive career preparation and employment training coursework
· Promotes community inclusion of students with disabilities in the local workforce
· Teaches students self-determination and self advocacy skills needed for successful post-school employment and independent living
· Places specific emphasis on the knowledge and skills needed to be productive and contributing members of our society and local community.
I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something.
And I will not let what I cannot do interfere with what
I can do.
~Edward Everett Hale