There has been a change in websites that took place in June. Somehow, people are ending up back here. If you find yourself here looking for the Latest Track & Field info, please click on: www.LeesvilleTrack.com
Congrats to the Team on a strong showing at the CAP 8. We ran well given the conditions against some of the toughest competition in the Country. Here is a list of those who placed (complete results found here: http://nc.milesplit.com/meets/101084/results/198395 )
- Jamie Durham: 1st (100m), 2nd (200m)
- Nyah Hines: 1st (100 Hurdles), 4th (300 Hurdles &
- Nyheim Hines: 1st (110 Hurdles, 300
Hurdles), 8th (Long Jump)
- Carson Ellerby: 2nd (800m), 6th (1600m)
- Taylor Murray: 3rd (High Jump)
- Cameron Marshall: 3rd (High Jump)
: 4th (Shot Put)
- Michael King: 4th (Pole Vault)
- Jordan Gaston: 5th (Triple Jump)
- Megan Pendergraft: 5th (Discus), 7th (Shot Put)
- Malik Parker: 5th (Long Jump)
: 6th (100m), 7th (200m)
- Allie Gallagher: 6th (800m)
- Jeff Gaston: 6th (400m)
- Ben Cox
- Abby Davis: 7th (800m)
- Eunique Browder: 7th (300 Hurdles), 8th
- Alexis Fintchre
- Caitlyn Greene: 8th (400m)
- Kiera Quinn: 8th (800m)
- Girls 4x100 (6th). Boys 4x100
- Girls 4x200 (7th). Boys 4x200
- Girls 4x800 (4th). Boys 4x800 (4th)
- Practice Cancelled Friday (Tornado Watch)
(Fortunately, most of the bad parts of the storm have missed us)
- Practice is ON for Saturday, from 7:30-9:30am. If it is raining, please check your e-mail and the website.
- A Second Ordering of the Spirit Packs & Uniforms will be available from Feb 27-March 3
Sat Mar 3: Jaguar Invitational (@ Athens Drive HS)
Wed Mar 7: Enloe (Home)
Wed Mar 14: @ Broughton Sat Mar 17: Phoenix Invitational (@ Elon University)
Wed Mar 21: Wakefield (Home)Sat Mar 24: Triangle Fresh/Soph Meet (@ Sanderson HS)
Wed, March 28: Heritage (Home)
Wed Apr 11: @ Wake Forest RolesvilleSat Apr 14: Wake County Championships (@ Sanderson HS)
Wed Apr 18: @ SandersonSat Apr 21: Bojangles Relays (@ Apex HS)
Wed Apr 25: CAP8 Championships (@ Sanderson)
Wed May 2: Millbrook (Home) - Senior Night!Sat May 12 Regionals*
Sat May 19: States* (Greensboro, NC)
(participation in away meets subject to available bussing.)
Bold = Meets for only selected athletes. Not everyone participates.
Bold* = Only athletes who's times/place qualifies will participate. Not everyone participates.
Jan 31-Feb 16: Spirit Packs become available to purchaseWed, Feb 8:
Parent-Athlete Meeting @ 6:30 (HS Auditorium)
Mon, Feb 13: First Day of Spring Practice! We do not make cuts. Your efforts determine your level of success.
Sat, Mar 3: Jaguar Invite @ Athens Drive HS
Make sure you have done the following:
- Grades are good (Passing 3 classes, above a 1.5 GPA)
- Have a pair of running shoes, spikes & Foam Roller
(for sprinters), and weather appropriate clothes to train in
- Spirit Packs ** MUST ORDER BY Feb 15 @ 11:59 PM** All Sales are online and will be delivered to the school together.
The T-Shirt is the ONLY REQUIRED ITEM TO ORDER. Everything else is OPTIONAL!
All sizes are adult sizes. (T-Shirt: $12, Sweatpants: $25, Hoodie: $27)
Tops = $40
Bottoms = $25
Uniforms will be made available during practice or during the Feb 8 Meeting if you wish to see what is the best size.
Greetings Team,As we head into a full week together, a couple of reminders: - Practice starts at 2:35 and for Sprinters may run a little later (4:45ish) Monday. This is because we will be teaching about Foam Rolling which will take more time then our normal warm up.
- Bring your Foam Rollers to practice. I have been told that those who ordered through the website will have theirs delivered Monday.I will pass them out at practice.
- Usernames for the website: if you do not have one yet, please contact me quickly so that I may send it to you.
- Website: I apologize for not clarifying this before... But the expectation is for the athletes to be accessing the website at least 2x per week. I am big about communication and I am frequently putting new information up (not to mention the many documents and videos that are currently there). I am not asking for people to spend hours of their time outside of practice reading and studying track or nutrition or physiology... But a few minutes a couple times a week Will make a big impact on our practice time and our season.
Looking forward to a great week of practice. Work to make one improvement every day.
It was a great first week of Winter Track! The attitude and work ethic has been of Championship level, which is what we need to make noise this year and to reach our team goals. A couple thoughts as we head into Week 2:
- Wear WARM Clothes! It is starting to get chilly out. Wear sweatpants, spandex, or something similar. Reason: Keep the warmth in. The whole purpose of the warm up is to... well... warm up your muscles. Long pants/spandex keeps that warmth in and helps to avoid injury while running (especially you sprinters).
- Foam Rollers: Those who have purchased through the site, they will be delivered and distributed the Monday after Thanksgiving. If you did not purchase a foam roller through the site, you can find them at Target in the Fitness Section or at Online Retailers. We will start teaching the Foam Roll Routine once the Foam Rollers come in after Thanksgiving!
- Living a Championship Lifestyle: To be a Champion on the track, you must Eat, Drink, and Sleep like a Champion. How you treat your body off of the track determines how you will perform on the track. Each of you should have received a Username and Password. Log In and go to the "Docs" section. Click "Championship Lifestyle," where you will find top end articles and a book on Teen Sport Nutrition and Health.
- Thanksgiving is around the bend. I will be posting Workouts in the Google Docs Section.
That is all for today. Remember:
You cannot spell Champion without Leesville.
You cannot be a Champion without Pride!
Please show up to the track with the following:
1) A COMPLETED PHYSICAL and A COMPLETED CONCUSSION FORM
** We cannot let people participate without these, by State law**
2) Completed Audio/Video Release form
3) Dressed appropriately for running
We will check everyone in as they come to the track (hopefully this will go quickly). We will then go through a warm up routine, then perform a series of physical tests to gauge people's speed and power.
It was a great meeting. We saw many familiar faces and even more that we cannot wait to get to know. As we move towards winter and spring track, things you must do:
- Fill out the Interest Form (in the Menu on the left)
- Get a Physical done by a Doctor on the proper form (see "Important Files" on the left)
- Fill out the Concussion Form (ditto)
- Fill out the Audio-Visual Form (ditto)
- Purchase a Foam Roller (two posts down))
For those who have filled out the Interest Form, I will be sending out your usernames and passwords. You will be able to log in and get special information about diet, relays, racing strategy, skill drills, foam rolling routines, and more.
Please contact Coach Grether or Coach Cross with any questions that you have about the upcoming season.