Cal Grants

For more information on Cal Grants

The California Student Aid Commission (CSAC) administers California financial aid programs including: Cal Grant and the Middle Class Scholarship. Students must do the following to be considered for CSAC financial aid:

1. FAFSA: Students must submit a FAFSA application before financial consideration is made from CSAC.

2. Student GPA Verification: State law requires high schools to submit all senior student Cal Grant GPA's to CSAC. Westlake High School batch uploads ALL current 12th Grade GPA’s and the past year graduate final GPA’s in September using non-Social Security Number data (name, address, etc.). Paper Student GPA Verification forms are no longer required for Entitlement Cal Grants (Entitlement Grants are awards reserved for current high school seniors & prior year graduates.). Families may contact Mrs. Mertel in the CCC if they have questions.

3. WebGrants 4 Students (WGS) Students must open accounts with WebGrants 4 Students in order to track the status of their Cal Grants. Some helpful hints:

a. The FAFSA must be formally submitted at least 1-week BEFORE the student can open the WGS account.

b. Make sure the student name used to open the WGS account is the same name used on the FAFSA/Dream Act application.

Middle Class Scholarship (MCS)

The CA Student Aid Commission offers the MCS to UC or CSU undergraduate students with family incomes up to $150,000. To be eligible, students must complete the FAFSA or CA Dream Act application.

California Dream Act

The CA Dream Act allows undocumented students (AB540) to apply for CA State financial aid if they meet specific criteria:

  1. Must have attended a CA HS 3 years or equivalent credit
  2. Must graduate with a CA HS or equivalent
  3. Must attend a qualifying CA college
  4. Must complete affidavit (if applicable)

CA Dream Act Students are NOT eligible to submit the FAFSA application.