Registration for Destination Imagination Teams is now open!!!! All Registrations are Due by September 28th!!!
Leander ISD sponsors the creative problem-solving program, Destination ImagiNation (DI). DI is an extracurricular, school-sponsored program that fosters creativity and team-based problem-solving skills and life skills for students. Leander ISD DI is open to all students in third through twelfth grades.
What does it take to form a team at Reagan Elementary?
• A maximum of seven students are placed on a team.
• Parent volunteers make this program possible. Please consider volunteering as a Team Manager. No special skills are required to be a Team Manager other than your willingness to work with a great, creative group of kids! (Mrs. Gardiol and Ms. Lambert will provide you with resources & orientation to the program.)
- Any students in 3rd, 4th, or 5th grades may join a Reagan team.
- Teams are formed based on the student's 'central challenge' preferences (which they indicate on the registration form)
- Teams are formed with parent volunteers serving as team mgr/co-mgrs. (Our preference is to have at least 2 parents serving as co-managers, with other parents are 'helpers' with the team on meeting days.) We MUST have parent volunteers before we can form the teams.
- Teams meet usually 1-2 hours weekly, with time (outside of the school day) and location determined by the team manager and the team.
- All registration forms are due to Mrs. Gardiol BY 3:00 PM Friday, September 29th. Teams will be filled on a first-come/first-service basis
- Go to the Heart of Texas Destination Imagination Website for more information and previews of this year's team challenges.
For more information and to access forms, please click on the below links. Please print and return your child's registration form from the link below.