National Junior Honor Society
National Junior Honor Society (NJHS) is a student led, nationally recognized organization. Our purpose is to create enthusiasm for scholarship, stimulate a desire to render service, promote worthy leadership and citizenship, and encourage the development of character in students at Running Brushy Middle School.
- Regular attendance to scheduled meetings
- Four hours of community service each grading period (This can be completed over the summer and can be tracked on the summer service hour log)
- Maintaining a 90% or above in core academic classes
- An average of 90% or higher in the four core courses (PACE math is an 80% or higher)
- The student must have attended RBMS for at least one full semester (or 3 grading periods) to be offered membership.
- A review of the character requirements by our faculty council for any discipline issues that would discredit them from membership.
- Turning in required paperwork in a timely fashion
- $5 annual dues payment (payable at the first meeting of the school year) *If there is a concern, please see Mrs. Jones. We do not want to exclude anyone from NJHS due to a concern over payment of dues.
- $10 induction fee.
- Behavior that characterizes NJHS principles
- Participation in NJHS activities
- One chapter meeting per month. The day and time of the week is set by the majority of the students at the first meeting of the school year. Officers meet with Mrs. Jones one additional time per month to plan for upcoming meetings and activities.
- The first meeting of the 2016-2017 school year is scheduled for August 29th at 4:15 in Mrs. Jones' room (D421)
Copy of Summer Service Hour Log