"Digital citzenship isn't just about recognizing and dealing with online hazards. It's about building safe spaces & communities, understanding how to manage personal information, and about being Internet savvy - using your online presence to grow & shape your world in a safe, creative way, and inspiring others to do the same." - Digizen
Did you know?
- Overall, 75% of all teens text, and 63% say that they use text to communicate with others every day.
- About three in four (74%) teens ages 12-17 are "mobile internet users" who say they access the internet on cell phones, tablets, and other mobile devices at least occasionally.
- 37% of all U.S. teens own smartphones, up from just 23% in 2011.
- One in four teens are "cell-mostly" internet users. Among teen smartphone owners, half are cell-mostly.
- 58% of all teens have downloaded apps to their cell phone or table computer.
Source: Pew Internet & American Life Project (www.pewinternet.org)