On Campus: November 3 & 4 or November 29 & 30
The deadline to have your portrait taken is November 30, 2016. There are no exceptions to this deadline.
Only photos from Photo Texas will be accepted for publication in the portrait section of the yearbook.
Senior ad photos do not have to be taken by Photo Texas.
If you have questions about your photo order, please contact Photo Texas directly at 512-617-7780.
HOW TO PURCHASE A YEARBOOK
PRICING SCHEDULE August 1st - October 31st: $60 November 1st - May 1st: $65 May 2nd - end of school: $70 (if any yearbooks are still available)
Also, don’t forget to purchase your student’s Leander High School 2016-17 yearbook. During the month of October, they are $60, the lowest price of the year. Go to http://www.balfour.com/ to place an order. Enter Leander High School. Purchase a yearbook online using a credit or debit card.
If it's easier, your student may bring the completed LHS Yearbook Order Form and check (including driver's license & phone number on the check) by room 2320.
SENIOR AD INFORMATION
Submitted by October 28th Oct. 29th - Dec. 16th Dec. 17th - Jan. 27th
eighth page ...$70 eighth page ... $80 eighth page ... $95
quarter page ... $110 quarter page ... $120 quarter page ... $140
half page ... $160 half page ... $180 half page ... $210
full page ... $250 full page ... $280 full page ... $320
MAXIMUM (Words & Photos)
Eighth Page: up to 20 words & 1 photo
Quarter Page: up to 60 words & 3 photos
Half Page: up to 80 words & 4 photos
Full Page: up to 175 words & 10 photos
AFTER PURCHASING SENIOR AD FOLLOW THESE STEPS
1. Purchase Senior Ad on Balfour.com
2. Turn message and ALL pictures into Mrs. Alley ASAP
3. Yearbook Student Design Editor will design your Senior Ad (with the message and pictures you provided)
4. A PROOF will be sent to you for your approval
5. You MUST respond to the proof email with your approval or disapproval
Your Senior Ad will NOT be placed in the yearbook without your approval of the Proof.
ALL MATERIALS MUST BE SUBMITTED WHEN ORDERING NO ORDERS ACCEPTED AFTER JANUARY 27, 2017
Please refer to the following guidelines in order to submit pictures that will produce high-quality ads. Additionally, in accordance with the Leander Independent School District guidelines and Texas laws, ads that depict, refer to or involve illegal activities will not be accepted.
• No references or photos related to or showing alcoholic beverages, drug use or anything drug related
• No references or photos related to the smoking of any tobacco product
• No references to rude, inappropriate or suggestive song lyrics.
• No references or photos with sexual harassment (ie: degrading name(s) or suggestive material)
• No references or photos with negative comments concerning race, religion or groups of people.
• No references or photos with any inappropriate hand gestures or gang symbols or gang-related activities
• No photos with kissing, nudity, bathing suits, or any kind of torso nudity
• Due to copyright laws, we cannot print song lyrics, poems, logos or other copyrighted material in a senior ad.
• All ads will be designed by the yearbook staff to maintain consistency.
• Adviser has final approval regarding the inclusion of ads and content of photos.
• You must provide an e-mail address to see a proof of your ad. Changes to ads must be requested
within two days. Reviewing the ad is only for the purpose of checking for textual mistakes and missing photos. All ads are designed to follow yearbook design standards. You may request to change which photo is used as the dominant image, but changes in the design will not be made.
• The preferred method of photo submission is via Flash drive or CD. Don’t scan the photos and make a print off your printer, as this results in poor quality images. Do not staple or paperclip photos.
• Do not submit low-resolution images or iPhone pictures.
• No collages or cutout pictures accepted. All pictures must have all four edges to be used. Please do not submit pictures that have been trimmed or cut at unusual angles.
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION PLEASE SEE THE ATTACHED LISD STUDENT MEDIA POLICY BELOW