- Friday, July 22, 2016 @ 2 PM - Lambda coffee hour at LBNL cafeteria
- Come buy a cup of coffee or tea and share in a baked treat provided by a member of the group. The coffee hour is a social gathering with no organized agenda.
- We are looking for volunteers to help organize coffee hours at our offsite locations. Please contact Tom Gallant at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in helping.
- Thursday, July 28, 2016 @ 5:30 PM - Lambda Happy Hour at Townie (1799 University Ave., Berkeley, CA 94703. b/t Mcgee Ave & Grant St.)
- Friday, August 26, 2016 @ 2 PM - Lambda coffee hour at LBNL cafeteria
- Friday, September 23, 2016 @ 2 PM - Lambda coffee hour at LBNL cafeteria
- Friday, October 28, 2016 @ 2 PM - Lambda coffee hour at LBNL cafeteria
- Friday, November 18, 2016 @ 2 PM - Lambda coffee hour at LBNL cafeteria
The LAMBDA Alliance and LAMBDA ERG are coming together to celebrate Pride Month!
Below is a list of the upcoming tentative activities being planned:
- We will hold a kick-off flag raising on Tuesday, May 31st at building 65 at Noon
- Lambda Coffee Hour on June 8th, 2:30 - 3:30 PM at LBNL Cafeteria - open to the entire Lab.
- Offsite Happy Hour on June 10th at the White Horse Inn at 5pm (no host)
- Movie screening of The Danish Girl on June 14th in the building 50 Auditorium at 11:30 AM
- Lambda Coffee Hour at the Joint Genome Institute, Room 149B, 2800 Mitchell Dr, Walnut Creek. June 21st at 11:30 AM - Open to everyone at the JGI.
- Resource Fair up on June 22nd on the Cafeteria 'lawn' area during the lunch hour. Come and meet your local resource groups for your area and see what services they offer
- Confirmed attendance by the following groups
- Rainbow Community Center of Contra Costa County
- The Pacific Center in Berkeley
- UC Berkeley Employee Assistance
- Pending confirmations from:
- Spectrum LGBT Center in San Rafael
- Our Family Coalition
- UCB Gender Equity Resource Center
- Transgender Law Center
- Berkeley Lab's Pride Month Networking Event on June 23rd at 5pm in Building 59-3101 - Register here: http://tinyurl.com/LBNLpride
- Network with the Diversity and Inclusion Council, Women Scientists and Engineers Council, Lab managers, and employees; share the ERG's activities for the next fiscal year; and help the Lab community understand the needs of the LGBT population in the workplace;
- There will be a membership campaign to broaden the member base and increase participation in upcoming activities and events;
- We will also announce the launch of Berkeley Lab's Workplace Transition Guidelines for transgender employees, and share the roll-out plan for this best practice.
- LGBTQ Giants Night at AT&T Park on June 24th at 7:15PM
- Diversity and Inclusion Brown Bag with Division D&I Committee Members on June 27th in the building 66 Auditorium at Noon
- Encore screening of The Danish Girl on June 29th in the building 66 Auditorium at 11:30 AM
- Pride month wrap up meeting on June 30th at Noon in 54-130 Pers. Hall