Andrew R Weber
- Two years experience authoring and implementing policy at US House of Representatives.
- Two years experience working with Congressional and Federal clients.
- Network administrator for the Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory DC office.
- Demonstrated ability to complete major research projects with minimal supervision.
- Solid working knowledge of digital rights issues and passionate consumer advocate.
- Proven ability to quickly learn and apply skills in a demanding work environment.
Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory │Research Associate & Network AdministratorNovember 2009 - Present │Washington, DC
Green the Capitol Initiative
Worked directly with the Office of the Chief Administrative Officer (CAO) and the Architect of the Capitol (AoC) to meet a 50% carbon emissions target for all House-operated buildings. Key accomplishments included:
- Analyzed utility data from House Office Buildings (steam, chilled water, domestic water, electricity) to identify opportunities for improved operational efficiency.
- Produced reports and presentations of findings for House staff.
- Co-Authored and implemented the House of Representatives Sustainable Procurement Policy.
- Built strong client relationships with a variety of House staff to maximize program effectiveness and identify opportunities for continued improvement.
- Navigated delicate working environment to engage critical partners in this joint effort.
Super Efficient Appliance Deployment Initiative (SEAD): Procurement Working Group
Working directly with the US Department of Energy and high profile international partners to document best practices for sustainable government procurement of energy-using products and services. Ongoing efforts include:
- Conducting independent research to identify international sustainable procurement best practices.
- Authoring International Procurement Best Practices Guide – major focus on policy development, implementation and monitoring of effectiveness.
- Working with six member countries to understand unique sustainable procurement barriers and creative solutions present outside the United States.
- Regularly meeting with DOE clients to present results stemming from interviews and independent research.
- Traveling internationally to present findings and Best Practices Guide at EEDAL Conference.
Network Administration & Office IT Support
Carleton College Student Employment │ Information & Technology Services Help Desk 2006-2009 │Northfield, MN
- Maintain Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory DC Office IT infrastructure including servers, network equipment and website.
- Provide day-to-day computer (PC & Mac) support to DC Office staff.
- Test and implement new office technology.
- Worked with professors and college staff to troubleshoot and solve IT issues.
- Served as lead for specialty projects including database creation and script authoring.
EDUCATION: Carleton College│Bachelor of Arts, Extensive Studies in Computer Science and Environmental Science
June 2009│Northfield, MN