West Park was "originated by veterans, promoted by veterans, conceived fundamentally for veterans on a completely cooperative non-profit basis" observed a Journal-New editorial as the project developed after World War II.
West Park was established north of Millikin Woods and west of the west end of Western Avenue. The idea originated in the summer of 1946. The subdivision began to take shape in February 1947 and the area was annexed to Hamilton in April 1947. The groundbreaking was Aug. 17, 1947, and it was completed by March 1952. It included 127 houses in the $7,000 to $9,000 price range built on 52.5 acres purchased from Carl Schulze. Streets in West Park include Woodview Lane, Colony Terrace, Glencross Avenue, Brookcrest Drive, Sunset Drive and Washington Boulevard.