Butler County Place Names‎ > ‎W‎ > ‎

Wayne Township

Wayne Township was one of two new townships formed by Butler County commissioners Dec. 2, 1805. Wayne Township was taken from St. Clair Township, one of the five original townships. Also formed Dec. 2, 1805, was Milford Township, also taken from St. Clair Township. Wayne Township was named in honor of General Anthony (Mad Anthony) Wayne, an American military leader during the American Revolution and commander of the successful 1792-1795 campaign against the Indians in the Ohio region.

Comments