Butler County Place Names‎ > ‎W‎ > ‎

Warren County Canal

Warren County Canal connected Middletown and Lebanon after its completion in 1836. In 1830 it was incorporated as a private company and, after failure, was taken over by the state as a feeder canal for the Miami-Erie Canal, to which it was connected at Middletown. The "Lebanon Ditch," as it was called, was 18 miles long and included six locks, four within a few miles of Lebanon.  The state sold the Warren County Canal in 1855.


Return to Index
Comments