War Memorial Municipal Coliseum in Hamilton was never built. The proposal was subject to a vote Nov. 5, 1946. Approval was sought for a $435,000 bond issue (50 years) to finance construction of a war memorial municipal coliseum to be used for sports events, concerts, dances, mass meetings, conventions, etc.
The campaign started less than an year after the end of World War II in 1945.
No specific site was named, but it was assumed it would be built in Peck's Addition. The bond issue required 65 percent approval, but only 62.2 percent voted in favor. (See Jim Blount history column in Journal-News March 13, 1996, for more details.)