Butler County Place Names‎ > ‎S‎ > ‎

South Hamilton Crossing

South Hamilton Crossing is where Central Avenue crosses four railroad tracks originally built by the Cincinnati, Hamilton & Dayton Railroad (now CSX). The Pit Yard was located there from 1851 until 1989, when most of the storage tracks were removed after closure of the Fisher Body plant in Fairfield. 

Return to Index