Butler County Place Names‎ > ‎S‎ > ‎

Saint Charles

Saint Charles, or St. Charles, is in Reily Township at the Morgan Township line on Hamilton-Scipio Road (Ohio 129), between Millville and Scipio. It was named after Charles Stewart, an early religious leader in the community. St. Charles post office operated from April 19, 1850, until Jan. 31, 1903.

"Stewart's Corner and Ragsdill's Crossroads were other names used for the town," according to A Self-Guided Driving Tour of Historic Morgan Township.


Return to Index
Comments