Richville was a 100-lot village planned in Section 32 of Reily Township on Brookville Road (Ohio 129) by David Alyea in 1818. It was first called Amanda, but that name was rejected by James Heaton, justice of the peace. It was changed to Richville. The village never materialized. The plat was vacated in 1829 by Alyea and taken off the county map May 27, 1830.