Rialto is in Section 3 of West Chester Township, between Port Union and West Chester, east of Princeton-Glendale Road (Ohio 747). Rialto was a port on the Miami-Erie Canal at lock 38. It was once owned by the Friend and Fox Paper Co., which had three mills there, the first built in 1881. There was a Rialto post office from July 16, 1890, until Oct. 31, 1900. Rialto also was a stop on the Cincinnati & Richmond Railroad (now Norfolk Southern).