Butler County Place Names‎ > ‎R‎ > ‎

Rheadon

Rheadon -- which includes the name of Rhea, the family which once owned the land -- is a Hamilton residential area bounded on the west by Eaton Avenue, on the east by North E Street, on the south by Rhea Avenue and on the north by Webster Avenue. It is between the Edgewood, Prospect Hill, Grand View and Lawn View subdivisions. In 1854, when Hamilton leaders tried to establish an academy or college, Thomas Rhea offered four acres at the top of what is now North D Street as a site for the college, which didn't materialize.


Return to Index
Comments