Butler County Place Names‎ > ‎R‎ > ‎

Reily

Reily, Reiley and Riley -- in the middle of Reily Township -- is an unincorporated village named for John Reily, a Butler County pioneer and public servant. The village was laid out in 1848 by Pierson and Joseph M. Conkling and Samuel Gray. A post office was established Dec. 31, 1825, as Reiley, with an extra e, and changed to Reily Dec. 22, 1841.


Return to Index
Comments