Butler County Place Names‎ > ‎P‎ > ‎

Princeton

Princeton is at the intersection of Princeton Road and Princeton-Glendale Road (Ohio 747) in Sections 1 and 2 in Liberty Township. Princeton was laid out in 1812 by Samuel Enyart. A Princeton post office opened Dec. 27, 1816, and moved Dec. 9, 1872 to Hughes Station. The name was changed to Clawson, 1881-1900, to avoid confusion with another Princeton in Ohio. 


Return to Index
Comments