Powerhouse was a power station that generated electricity for interurban trains between Cincinnati and Dayton, and for the Hamilton streetcars for 20 years. Only a tower remains near the intersection of Neilan Boulevard and Williams Avenue in Hamilton. The remainder of the site -- also bordered by Fairview and Power avenues -- is a city recreation area. The powerhouse was built by the Ohio Electric Railway Company in 1906 in Lindenwald. The coal-fired plant replaced older interurban power stations at Symmes Corner [Fairfield] and Busenbark [between Hamilton and Trenton]. The Lindenwald plant sent electricity through seven sub stations along the interurban system that had several corporate names. The powerhouse was closed in 1926 and donated to the city in 1943.