Butler County Place Names‎ > ‎P‎ > ‎

Port Middletown

Port Middletown. The Miami-Erie Canal started with a groundbreaking July 21, 1825, on Daniel Doty's farm, then south of Middletown. (There is a marker at the site at the northeast corner of Verity Parkway and Yankee Road in Middletown.) One hundred seventy-nine years later, the Port Middletown display was dedicated July 21, 2004, at Central Avenue and Verity Parkway.


Return to Index
Comments