Pisgah is the highest point in West Chester Township. It is in Sections 9 and 15 around West Chester Road, Cox Road and Columbus-Cincinnat Road (U. S. 42).
The community probably started about 1812. It was possibly named by William Belch, who built a hotel, or stagecoach stop, at the intersection in 1812. A post office operated from Dec. 21, 1843, until Nov. 15, 1905. The village was not platted until 1924. In the Bible, Pisgah is a mountain peak in Moab from which Moses viewed the Promised Land. Pisgah has been spelled Pisca and Pisga on some documents and maps.