Peabody Hall -- replete with ghost stories -- is on the Miami University campus in Oxford. It was built in 1855 as part of the Western Female Seminary, which later became Western College for Women and in 1974 a part of Miami. The original building burned in 1860. Fire also struck the second building in 1871, but brick walls and partitions survived the blaze and the present Peabody Hall was rebuilt around the shell. It was named for Miss Helen Peabody, who headed Western for 33 years.