Butler County Place Names‎ > ‎P‎ > ‎

Patterson House

Patterson House or Patterson Place is on Patterson Avenue (U. S. 27) south of Western Drive in Oxford. It was built in 1888 by James Patterson, an 1855 Miami University graduate. In 1914 it was presented to Western College by his heirs. It became the traditional home of Western presidents. It houses the Western College Alumnae Association. (See Western College for Women.)


Return to Index
Comments