Paramount Theater was at 18 South Second Street, on the east side of Second between High and Court (now a bank parking lot), opposite Courthouse. The Paramount, Hamilton's most elegant theater, opened March 6, 1931, with 1,813 seats (1,483 on the main floor and 330 in the balcony). The building extended 90 feet along Second Street with a depth of 175 feet to Journal Square. The Eagle Theater at the northwest corner of Court Street and Journal Square was one of several buildings razed to permit construction of the Paramount. The new theater was designed by George Rapp and C. W. Rapp, theater architects, whose office was in the Paramount Building on Times Square in New York City.