Paddy's Run has experienced many name changes, including Vaughan, Cambria, Glendower and Shandon. It started on and purchased in 1801 by Edward Bebb, who had emigrated from Llanbrynmair in northern Wales in 1795. The first post office was created June 10, 1831, as Paddy's Run. It was changed Oct. 16, 1879, to Vaughan. It was renamed Glendower Dec. 20, 1886, and changed back to Paddy's Run Jan. 18, 1888. Another change Aug. 26, 1892, made it Shandon, a name which has stood for more than 110 years. The creek in Ross and Morgan townships was named Paddy's Run because an Irishman by that name drowned in the stream.