Music Hall in Hamilton was at 457 South Second Street, on the west side of Second at its intersection with Central Avenue. It opened Sept. 2, 1882, as the United German Society Hall, but later was known as Music Hall. Dramatic and musical events were held there in competition with the Opera house on High Street. In 1898, on the eve of the Spanish-American War, it also housed the armory for Company E, an Ohio National Guard unit. It was sold to the Hamilton Board of Education in 1899 by Peter Schwab and remodeled as a 16-room elementary school. It closed in December 1952 as Harrison Elementary School when a new Harrison was completed on Knightsbridge Drive. Later the building was used for commercial purposes. It was vacant for several years before being demolished in March 1999.