Miami Valley College -- also known as the Miami Valley Institute -- wasn't associated with Miami University and wasn't in Butler County. Miami Valley Institute was founded in 1869 in Springboro in Warren County by the Society of Friends. It was renamed Ohio Valley College in 1873. Classes had started in January 1871 on a 33-acre campus. It graduated its first class in 1875. MVC closed in 1883. In its final year it was known as the Miami Valley College Training School. The Quaker school was a half mile east of the present intersection of Ohio 73 and Ohio 741 in Springboro.