Butler County Place Names‎ > ‎M‎ > ‎

Maud

Maud, Maud's or Maudville is in Section 23 of West Chester Township, around the intersection of Tylersville Road and Cincinnati-Dayton Road. The first house was built by Henry Stickles after the Short Line Railroad (now Norfolk Southern) was built about 1874. A post office was established Aug. 22, 1872, as Shoemaker. It was changed to Maud's May 19, 1874, and Maud June 7, 1893.


Return to Index
Comments