Lower Ferry was one of the two ferries which connected Hamilton and Rossville before the opening of the Miami Bridge in December 1819. The Lower Ferry ran between about High Street in Hamilton and Ross Avenue in Rossville. It was started by Archibald Tolbert (check name, could be Talbert), who had been a squatter on the west side of the river before government land sales started in that area. Others who owned or operated the ferry included James Mills, Isaac Falconer and Levi Johns. The Upper Ferry (or Delorac's Ferry) was operated from about 1805 or 1806 until 1821 by Michael Delorac between present Dayton Street and Wayne Avenue.