Linden Theater, 2233 Pleasant Avenue, Lindenwald, was opened July 19, 1940, by Miles Vance as a 400-seat movie theater. Known as the Linden until about 1968 or 1969. In 1969 Hamilton city directory, 2233 Pleasant Avenue was listed as vacant. Later known as the Cine Malibu, the Malibu Cinema, the Village Cinema and the Grand Theater. Known as the Cine Malibu in the 1971 and 1972 city directories, but not listed in 1973 or 1974 Listed as Malibu Cinema in 1975 directory, but not listed in 1976 and as the Cinema Malibu in 1977 and 1978 directories. Listed as the Village Cinema in directories from 1979 through 1987. After May 1989 it was the 300-seat Grand Theater, but not listed in a city directory in the 1990s. Closing date uncertain.