LeSourdsville -- also known as LeSourdsville Lake -- in Section 35 of Lemon Township, was laid out by Benjamin LeSourd, who bought 95 acres from Abraham Freeman, a settler who came there about 1800 and later owned and operated a saw mill. It had been the site of Freeman's Station in 1792. LeSourd planned to build a large city on the Miami-Erie Canal. The first post office was established May 11, 1838, and later was known as Knorr (see entry). The lake was formed by water from the canal. Ice was harvested on the lake and shipped on the canal until about 1900-1905. LeSourdsville also was a stop on the Louisville, Cincinnati & Dayton Railroad.