Butler County Place Names‎ > ‎L‎ > ‎

Lemon Township

Lemon Township -- named for an early resident -- was one of the five original townships established May 10, 1803, by a court of quarter sessions. The others were Fairfield, Liberty, St. Clair and Ross. Before its division, Lemon Township extended on both sides of the Great Miami River. The area west of the river became Madison Township May 7, 1810.


Return to Index
Comments