Butler County Place Names‎ > ‎K‎ > ‎

Kyle

Kyle, Kyles or Kyles Station in Section 28 in Liberty Township was settled in 1803 by Thomas Kyle. A post office was established there Aug. 22, 1872, as Fontana. It was changed to Kyle's Aug. 29, 1879, and to Kyle June 5, 1893.

It also was a station on the Short Line Railroad (later the Cleveland, Columbus, Cincinnati & Indianapolis Railroad, New York Central, Penn Central, Conrail and Norfolk Southern since June 1, 1999).


Return to Index
Comments