Kumler Memorial Chapel in Oxford, which was dedicated on Thanksgiving 1918, was a gift to Western College from Anna Kumler Wight and Ella Kumler McKelvey. They were the daughters of the Rev. Jeremiah P. E. Kumler (1830-1909), a member of the institution's board of trustees, 1877-1897. The chapel honors their father; their mother, Abigail Goulding Kumler, a member of the first faculty; and their grandfather, Elias Kumler, a founder of the female seminary and a board member, 1854-1872. The ivy-covered structure, with several impressive stained-glass windows, was built with native Ohio stone.